Suddenly cups does not run on boot

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 26 22:59:03 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 09:21 -0700, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > Suddenly cups is not stared on boot on the machine that is my
> > printseerver. (F16)
> >
> > Now when I run systems-analyze blame cups.service is not one of the
> > services that appears in the printout. However, systemd says the
> > cups.service is enabled.
> >
> > If I restart the service things work again.
> >
> > Where can I look to fix the problem?
>
> What is the output of "systemctl status cups.service" after booting
> but before restarting CUPS?  Do you see any errors in syslog from CUPS
> during boot?
>
> -T.C.

After this boot cups worked on the client so I have little to report.
The output of: systemctl status cups.service

Is;
cups.service - CUPS Printing Service
	  Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/cups.service; enabled)
	  Active: active (running) since Sat, 26 Nov 2011 22:51:07 -0600
	Main PID: 687 (cupsd)
	  CGroup: name=systemd:/system/cups.service
		  └ 687 /usr/sbin/cupsd -f

But I got the same output when it did n work so I will stay confused
until I have a consistent story at which time I will ask again.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and
he'll invite himself over for dinner. - Calvin Keegan
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net