Fedora - time to blink

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 26 23:02:35 UTC 2011

Am 26.11.2011 23:31, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On 11/27/2011 03:50 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
>>   Try this instead:
>>
>>   rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/bin/growisofs
>>   dvd+rw-tools-7.1-5.fc14.x86_64
>>
>> (this is on F15 - for some reason I have never understoon - some
>> packages dont get rebuilt and/or repackages ... )
>
> Simple:  Packages don't rebuilt unless there is a necessity to do so

and what about the mass-rebuilds usually happening in devel-cycle
after upgrades of GCC, GLIBC etc.?

99% of all packages are rebuilt there
what is with the one percent?

do they not sucessfully compile?
if yes - why does this nobody interest?

for me this is a part of QA
and if any package shipped with the distribution does not compile
inside a mass-rebuild there must be something wrong!