Fedora - time to blink

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 26 23:31:36 UTC 2011

Rahul Sundaram <metherid <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 11/27/2011 03:50 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> >   Try this instead:
> >
> >   rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/bin/growisofs
> >   dvd+rw-tools-7.1-5.fc14.x86_64
> >
> > (this is on F15 - for some reason I have never understoon - some
> > packages dont get rebuilt and/or repackages ... )
>
> Simple:  Packages don't rebuilt unless there is a necessity to do so

In this case, though, there was a mass rebuild for F15 for the new xz
compression, and all packages WERE supposed to be rebuilt, but many, including
this one, never were. (See
http://robatino.fedorapeople.org/old_compression_DVDs/ for lists of packages on
the DVDs which are still using the old xz compression, this is just a fraction
of what's in the Everything repo.)