Fedora - time to blink

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:24:53 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 04:22 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:

>   How do you (or maintainers) know with certainty that there isn't a
> header file dependence, or a compiler change that would lead to a faster
> (or a bug for that matter).

The base toolchain has a lot of Red Hat developers working on it and
they are the authoritative experts on when there is rebuild required and
announce it.   Verification is done via scripted rebuilds

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fails_to_build_from_source

>   Further - it just plain 'looks' better for f15 packages to be called f15.

I agree however cost of spending build resources needs to be justified
against this.

>   Necessity? Probably not - is it a good idea to wait until a problem
> occurs as the decision to rebuild - also probably not.

We don't do that.

Rahul