Problem booting under F16

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun Nov 27 14:13:32 UTC 2011

Joe Zeff writes:

> On 11/26/2011 09:27 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> > No, you most certainly do. Everyone who installs Fedora ends up
> > encrypting something. I'll bet that all your passwords in /etc/shadow
> > are encrypted, for example. Because that's the kind of things
> > libgcrypt.so.1 is responsible for.
>
> I sit corrected.  Thank you.  The odd thing is that /sbin/sulogin can't
> find it if and only if I use the latest kernel.  Checking, it's in /lib,
> which is where I'd expect to find it.

sulogin is only used when you're dropping into single user mode. Why would
you be dropping into single user mode, if you select the newest kernel for
booting.

Again, I'd suggest uninstalling the most recent kernel, and reinstalling it,
in order to regenerate the initrd, and the grub menu item for it, afresh.