Fedora - time to blink

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Sun Nov 27 15:11:22 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 10:39 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:

>> Thanks to Gnome 3 I may well be heading back.
>
> Don't worry, in the current climate it is only a matter
> of time before the KDE developers are seized with the
> same "all the world's a tablet" disease and come out
> with a KDE5 where they try to win the contest and
> make it even worse than Unity :-).

I suspect you're right. I've played with Unity too and I think I dislike
it more than I do gnome shell which is saying something. Between the
disappearing menus at the top, the scrollbars which only appear if you
move the mouse over a 2 pixel line and playing hunt your application in
the dashboard it's enough to drive anybody insane. To cap it all off,
the recent program list never actually seems to contain programs you
recently launched. Bizarre. I'm all for having good tablet/phone
interfaces but that's where they should stay.

--
Ian Chapman.