Fedora - time to blink

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:54:05 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 10:13 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:

>  In the past some surveys were done - and some complained that the
> sample was biased - whether by fedora users or users who subscribe to
> the mailing lists - but the complainers were generally those who
> disagreed with the outcome :-)

User interface research is what I suggested.  Not surveys.  I don't
really think this list is a reasonable sample.  Mailing list tends to
attract a specific type of audience.  You have to be knowledgeable
enough to subscribe and follow the list and be interested enough to
participate regularly.  You can compare and contrast this to say even a
forum to know the difference.

A reasonable sample would include things like the one Sun did in the
GNOME 2.x ages long back or the more recent Novell one where you get
audience from different backgrounds, sex and age groups to do some basic
tasks and figure out what works, doesn't and needs improvement.  Surveys
are not a replacement and dont convey anywhere close to that amount of
useful information.

Rahul