Fedora - time to blink

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Nov 27 23:30:28 UTC 2011

For survey data there is the Phoronix Gnome survey. That actually has a
lot of quite interesting comments from people who've taken it.

In many ways the comments are more valuable than the percentages as it's
not a random 'mug people for data' type survey so somewhat self
selecting. I also don't think the data supports the 'everyone hates Gnome
3' position either. Some people are clearly very fond of it.

The other interesting data set is the rise of Linux Mint, although
personally I'm very dubious about tying that to their Gnome 3 "fixed up"
mode - which is anyway something Fedora could now equally package.

Alan