Fedora - time to blink

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 04:01:02 UTC 2011

On 11/28/2011 01:11 AM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> You have to be kidding!  "research"?  On a 6-month release early release often desktop?  If you do research, then what influence will the research have?  Developers have already made up their minds and released their new innovations, and "not" what the research is asking for.  You want to look at new small screens like tablets, phones and other small stuff and replace the traditional desktop with that.  Each thing should have their own interfaces and not make a "One for all" desktop, which is what appears to be happening at this point.

I was talking about GNOME doing research.  Not Fedora and developers can
be influenced as has been shown repeatedly when such results were
published in the past

> "non technical users fully new to the user interface"
>
> What do you mean?  Do you mean converts?  The current users would inspire others to use Desktops on Operating systems and not new users to a new interface!
>
> Is this "new interface" a tablet and not a traditional desktop?

Yes and no.   There are some workflow differences.  No desktop icons,
overview mode etc and GNOME will have to find out how well it works.

Rahul