[SOLVED] Re: question on gdb

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 28 09:27:16 UTC 2011

On 11/28/2011 1:09 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> at the prompt
> ~$ debuginfo-install pkgname
>
> Aside: With F14 eol in 2 weeks is it worth it?
> Maybe see if F15 has the same crash?

Frank:

Well, since I was looking for debuginfo-install as something yum would
list, I would have never gotten close to the fact that debuginfo-install
was a program in and of itself.

There is a part of me that wants to go "oh, I am just a newbie" but I
have to admit there is a bigger part that says that I've been mucking in
this code for "a very long time" and I think the messages in gdb aren't
telling me what I need to do. Groan, that's just the way many things are.

As to the question of f14, I am kinda stuck at the moment as the Fedora
world is happily (big smile) moving to f16 and I have to deal with Maya
whose upcoming release is pegged to f14.

Really appreciate the quick turnaround on help on this one, now I just
have to figure out what my program is doing which has caused me to ask
these questions.

Paul