.vcf files -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 28 18:45:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 10:32 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>             I haven't heard mention of data transfer via the mobile
>             phone system but it is killing me on my limited ISP
>             bandwidth. About ten gigs in the last few days, perhaps a
>             week, and I only have 17 per month! We are in a rural area
>             and satellite is the best we can do here. Normally there has
>             been sufficient bandwidth over the last five years or so.

It's how some mobile devices work (mobile phone network, rather than
wireless LAN), and some people have reported phenomenal costs involved
with it, when things have downloaded stacks of data.  e.g. Courier
driver using an online map service.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686