Anyone got three monitors working?

Mike Park emparq at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:55:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Thomas Cameron
<thomas.cameron at camerontech.com> wrote:

> I'd *really* love to do triple head - the monitor in front of me for my
> main work, and the two side screens for supporting stuff.
>
> I am wondering, since my motherboard has a four PCI Express x1 ports and
> I see PCI Express x1 video cards for decent prices, if I can either
> replace my single card with two identical two-port X1 cards, or just add
> a single X1 video card to what I already have and get triple head.
>
> Has anyone done this?

I haven't tried using separate display adapters, but I'm currently
running F15 on triple head using an ATi Radeon HD 5770 card (I'll
confirm this model once I get back from work). This card, if I recall
correctly, offers (2) DVI ports and (1) DisplayPort port (I had to
purchase a separate DisplayPort->DVI adapter), which fired up my
desktop on all three screens w/ minimal fiddling (on both Gnome 3 and
KDE 4).