Serial port operation -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Nov 29 22:48:45 UTC 2011

On 29/11/11 16:14, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 14:14 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> I have two F-15 computers with a program that should be toggling
>>          RTS and DTR on the serial port. One works as expected this one I
>>          am on now does not.
>>
>>          I haven't had much to do with the serial port and don't know how
>>          to troubleshoot it.
>>
>>          Can someone offer a suggestion where to begin?
> Obvious first line of thought:  Are you using two different serial
> cables?  And, if so, is the non-working one fully wired?

        I eliminated that possibility and swapped the cables, one worked
        "out of the box" this one doesn't. I was hoping it would be some
        configuration problem but don't know where to look. One is
        F16-32bit, this one 64 bit, however they are different
        computers, this one an HP, the other Dell, both of roughly the
        same vintage.