F16: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and MTP

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:18:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Steven F. LeBrun <steven at lebruns.com> wrote:

> Has anyone succeeded in mounting the SD Card built into the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 on Fedora?
>
> It wants to use MTP for the USB connection and I have not found the right combination of software to correctly mount the tablet as a file system.  The MTP mounted tablet causes RhythmBox to crash when it tries to connect to the tablet as a music player.
>
> I have read some information about mtpfs.  Does anyone know where this software can be found?
>
> MTP == Media Transfer Protocol.

Not sure it'll help, but in the case of you my Galaxy S2 smartphone, I
simply switched the phone to mass-storage mode.
(Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging)
Once enabled, you can simply access the file-system on your device
like any other USB mass-storage device. (Disk-on-key, HDD, etc)

- Gilboa