Fedora - time to blink

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 19:25:09 UTC 2011

Just to add that laptop has iwl3945 wireless card; iwl3945 module has had
since 29 Apr <https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/4/29/275> hardware scanning
disabled due to Microcode SW errors; software scanning turns the connection
into a patience tester. That didn't help the review, certainly. All network
related issues may have been caused by it, since TCP connections do seem to
hang randomly with software scanning on that card.

I've been doing some experiments trying to fix the Microcode SW errors
which so far point that the card is unable to use these frequencies when
scanning passively [the kind of hardware scan which triggers the error]
 (5250.000 - 5330.000 @ 40.000), (N/A, 20.00)
(5490.000 - 5710.000 @ 40.000), (N/A, 27.00)

Anyway, tough luck, the guy used an unsupported (by Intel) wireless card
which probably borked lots of things in the test (since the problem is in
the closed-binary-firmware, it's impossible to fix, only to workaround at
driver level).