How to get both T520 trackpoint and touchpad working in F15

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Sat Oct 1 10:26:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 07:43:33PM +0100, mike cloaked wrote> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Alexander Volovics <a.volovic at upcmail.nl> wrote:

> > I am trying to get both trackpoint and touchpad of the Lenovo
> > T520 UltraNav working, preferably at the same time as under Windows 7.
> > cat /proc/bus/input/devices shows:
> > - SynPS/2 Synaptics Touchpad
> > - TPPS/2 IBM Trackpoint
> > After install of F15 the trackpoint works but not the touchpad.
> > The scroll feature of the trackpoint (hold down middle button
> > and move the stick) does not work.

> I don't have your hardware but I do have a synaptics touchpad on my
> f16 system and get it to work by doing the following:
>
> adding these two lines to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf:
>
> Option "TapButton1" "1"
> Option "RBCornerButton" "3"
>
> (Line 1: left mouse tap / Line 2: right mouse tap in lower right corner)
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics
>
> Also add
> Option "RightEdge" "5000"
> Option "LeftEdge" "1700"
>
> It is possible that this may get yours going also but you would have
> to try it and say if it works?

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Before trying to add xorg config files
I would like to understand what is going on.

Why does the trackpoint work but not the touchpad though both
are recognized at startup and seem to be "initialized" judging
by dmesg, etc. (F15).

I would expect the touchpad to also work in a primitive way.

Alexander