F14, google-chrome won't launch after yum update

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 20:01:22 UTC 2011

mike cloaked responded:

>The last update to chrome in f14 gave avc denials and in order to get
>chrome to run after that it was necessary to run the following
>commands (as root) before chrome would run again:

>semanage fcontext -a -t textrel_shlib_t '/opt/google/chrome/chrome'
>restorecon -v '/opt/google/chrome/chrome'

mike, what worked for me, as I have already posted,
 was the 2 commands (from Lancebaynes87):

>give this out with root:
>semanage fcontext -a  -s system_u  -t usr_t /opt/google/chrome/chrome-sandbox
>restorecon -v /opt/google/chrome/chrome-sandbox

that semanage command is different  from yours(mike cloaked).

Furthermore, that is all I needed to be able to run chrome again,
unlike your experience needing another pair of commands

>grep chrome-sandbox /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
>semodule -i mypol.pp

My SELinux chops are pretty weak, almost nonexistent.
But I would be interested in your comments re the differences.

Jack