Cannot boot properly: dbus problems?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 3 10:51:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 23:14 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> I spent about 8 years or so doing telephone tech support.  One thing I
> learned is that trying things at random isn't as effective as taking a
> moment to look at the symptoms, deciding what could be causing it and,
> almost as important, what couldn't cause it.

And years of participating in forums, online, has shown me that rarely
can you help someone solve a problem without asking them questions.

Usually, the person has not provided enough information, or any
information.  Usually, what they need to do to fix the problem is
dependent on their actual problem.  The stereotypical Windows,
"reinstall and reboot without thinking," approaches rarely ever fixes
any problem other than a random disk crash that hit a vital area.
Likewise, with the "turn off your firewall or other protective
software," dumb solution.

Most faults have a real cause, and *it* needs seeing to.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i686.PAE

read messages from the public lists.