unwanted logout in xfce

Stuart McGraw smcg4191 at frii.com
Mon Oct 3 15:04:06 UTC 2011

I am a refugee from Fedora 15's Gnome-3 that has found
refuge in Xfce.  I'm am only sad that Gnome-3 didn't come
out sooner so I could find Xfce sooner -- it meets my needs
and expectations very well.

However, I am having one issue since I changed... I leave
my machine on and running overnight (have a bittorrent
client running) but the next morning I find I am logged
out.  This happened again last night.  According the logs
there was no reboot.  'last' is hard to interpret but I
*think* it shows I left the machine around 22:56 last
night and was logged out at 23:33.

I have not been able to find any setting that might be
responsible for this.  Any suggestions about where to look?
(This is a desktop machine and power management is set
to "none" on external power.  Screensaver is set for 30 min
but not set to logout or even lock screen and test this
morning indicates it is not culprit.)