NetworkManager user agent

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Oct 4 05:01:25 UTC 2011

When selecting a previously unknown wireless network, I am not getting
prompted for the password. NetworkManager just complains in
/var/log/messages that "Access point {name} has security, but secrets are
required", then gives up.

I figured out that I can launch nm-connection-editor, and find my way to an
obscure dialog where I can enter the wireless password, but this seems
wrong. As I recall, selecting an previously unknown network from nm-applet,
should result in me being automatically prompted for the password, directly.

Some googling found this:

http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/migrating-to-09/ref-migrating.html#id565872

So, which package contains the user agent that prompts for wireless password?