Configuring new ethernet interfaces

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Wed Oct 5 02:00:58 UTC 2011

On 10/04/2011 09:51 PM, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an existing fedora15 x86_64 server with two interfaces that
> I've moved to a different motherboard and processor with dual onboard
> Intel 1000mbs ethernet controllers on it (e1000e driver). After moving
> the system to the new motherboard, for some reason the ethernet
> interfaces changed from eth0 and eth1 to eth4 and eth5.
>
> Why did this happen, and how do I change it back to eth0 and eth1?
>
> It looks like udev  has something to do with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

The MAC addresses changed. Take a look at this:

https://alteeve.com/w/Changing_the_ethX_to_Ethernet_Device_Mapping_in_EL6_and_Fedora_12%2B

(it's more or less the same in Fedora 15 and should apply)

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"