Error running Virtual Machine Manager

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Oct 5 16:13:27 UTC 2011

On 10/05/2011 06:18 AM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

[snip]
> You are also running in permissive mode, which should not block any
> thing via SELinux.

That's not necessarily true.  Even in permissive mode, SELinux has some
stuff it does in the kernel.  I've seen things STILL not work with
SELinux in permissive mode.  You get no alerts, yet they just don't
run properly.

I'd try again with SELinux disabled (edit /etc/selinux/config, change
the mode to disabled and reboot).  If things work then, I'd re-enable
SELinux, "touch /.autorelabel", reboot and try again.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks at nerd.com -
-     If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...     -
-              ...oh, wait.  He does.  THAT explains it!             -