no way to connect to new wi-fi nets

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Thu Oct 6 04:22:20 UTC 2011

Sam Varshavchik ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
06/10/2011 00:56:
> antonio.montagnani at alice.it writes:
>
>> after latest updates I suddenly realized that I cannot connetc to any
>> new net
>> that is found in the nearby.
>>
>> This night I went for the first time to a
>> friend's home,I got a list of more tha 30 nets, but I didn't succed to
>> connect
>> to any of them: old nets (that were already connected in the past) are
>> working
>> fine.
>>
>> Is anybody else experiencing this trouble.
>
> This might be the same thing I bitched about yesterday – NetworkManager
> suffered brain damage, and doesn't know how to ask you for the password.
>
> After making the connection attempt, go into Network Connections. In the
> wireless tab, find an entry named for the access point, and in the
> security tab enter the access point's password.
>
> Then you should be able to connect.

upgrading tolatest packages in updates-testing makes NetworkManager
works fine again.

Antonio

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F15 (Lovelock) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com
http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it