Java crashes in Mozilla Firefox
ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:07:15 UTC 2011
On 6 October 2011 09:26, Per Anton Rønning <pa-ronn at online.no> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I downloaded the latest Firefox, and the latest Java as well. But now FF
> crashes when trying to start Java Plugin. My internet banking logon
> application is a good example, but it also crashes when trying to check
> if Java is correctly installed form the Java homepage (Oracle).
> I Tried to go back to my previous Firefox (FF 3), but to no avail.
> Has any of you encountered this problem, and managed to find a fix?
> So far I am unsuccessful. I have browsed the net and found many
> references to this problem, but no clue to a fix. So I hope some of you
> guys may have something.
I'll look up my settings for icedtea this evening if no-one else has
done it by then, libnpjp2 is the plugin for newer versions of firefox.
Information that would help:
1. What version of Fedora you're running.
2. What architecture you're on (x86/ x86_64), whether Firefox is 32bit, 64bit
3. What version Java you're using and how it was installed.
4. Whether you're using the 'alternatives' framework (you may have run
these commands if you installed a different Java from openjdk via
5. How you 'downloaded the latest firefox': if your previous version
was FF3 then you're not on a current Fedora, which means I guess you
downloaded Firefox from the Mozilla website and untarred (? do they
offer it as an rpm?) it somewhere rather than through yum.
More information about the users