heads up: Adobe now has full 64-bit Flash support

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Thu Oct 6 10:16:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 02:19:05PM +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:

> Adobe now has full 64-bit Flash support, including a 64-bit repo. Just go to
> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ , select "YUM for Linux (YUM)", download and
> install adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch.rpm, and install flash-plugin from the
> repo. Someone needs to edit https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash (meaning taking
> an axe to it). In particular, I don't know if there's any reason for anyone to
> use the 32-bit wrapped plugin anymore.

Anybody know if it is still necessary to use 64 bit nspluginwrapper
with the 64 bit flash-plugin. Does this have any advantages at all?

(I am for the moment not considering that you might need the wrapper
 for other plugins like Adobe Reader).

When I installed the 64 bit flash-plugin it immediately got wrapped
(nswrapper.libflashplayer.so) so I uninstalled nspluginwrapper.x86_64
and libflashplayer.so seems to work just as well as
nswrapper.libflashplayer.so though I have not tested it extensively.

I nspluginwrapper.x86_64 needed for anything at all?

Alexander