Java crashes in Mozilla Firefox

Deepak Bhole dbhole at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 04:12:30 UTC 2011

* Per Anton Rønning <pa-ronn at online.no> [2011-10-06 05:12]:
> Hi suomi,
> No, I have not. Do you have any experience with that one?

Hi Per,

Can you please try with the IcedTea-Web plug-in and let us know if it
works? Installation is simple. First remove libnpjp2.so out of the way
and then run as root:

1. yum install icedtea-web
2. alternatives --config libjavaplugin.so.x86_64 (select the #
   corresponding to /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64/...)

And then restart Firefox. You can verify that it is set up by going to
"about:plugins" in Firefox. You should see something like:

IcedTea-Web Plugin (using IcedTea-Web 1.0.4 (fedora-1.fc15-x86_64))

Please make sure libnpjp2 does not show up in that list.

Cheers,
Deepak