Upgrading to F16 Beta

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 7 18:53:48 UTC 2011

On 10/7/2011 11:25 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 10/07/2011 02:17 AM, JD wrote:
>> Thanx.
>> A good point.
>> I wish the upgrade process would
>> actually prompt the user for performing
>> such steps.
> Even better would be for the upgrade process to offer to do this for the
> user so that people wouldn't have to worry about getting it right.

Part of me is wary of trying to automate this process as I trust people
to get it right more than a generic script(s). Maybe tools to do parts
of the task that can be safely isolated, but not the whole shebang.

Given this thread, I intend to manually do it on my F14 before going to
F16 so I can make sure I have everything right before upgrading. A bit
more work? Probably. But worth it in my opinion