yum .rpm

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 7 21:27:40 UTC 2011

Kevin Fenzi <kevin <at> scrye.com> writes:

> yum localinstall == yum install
>
> Same thing anymore. Yum figures out if the package is local or not.

If using Tab completion on the file name, yum install will waste time going
through remote repos, while yum localinstall will complete almost immediately
since it only looks locally. I can type the extra 5 letters faster than waiting
for the remote search to finish. (If I copy and paste the entire file name, then
it doesn't matter and I use yum install.)