rkhunter daily cron

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Sun Oct 9 21:47:09 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-09 at 22:07 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 09/10/11 21:11, John Horne wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> >> Should I just replace the script with my own cronjob times?
> >> as per some of the examples.
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > If you installed the rkhunter RPM package (either via yum or by
> > downloading it) then I would just use what is supplied with the package.
> > The supplied cronjob is fine, why change it? The fact that it is a
> > script in cron.daily is no problem.
> >

> If I knew what time in x.00 ir ran,
> I would leave it alone.
> But I havn't figured what time cron.daily runs.

Take a look at /etc/anacrontab and the man pages for crond, anacron and
anacrontab. Basically, at least as far as I am aware, anacron does not
necessarily start jobs at a particular time like cron, but will start
them within a specified time period.

John.

--
John Horne, Plymouth University, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001