Corrupted evolution databases

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Oct 9 22:08:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-09 at 16:18 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-10-09 at 10:00 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > When my POP account syncs, new messages are loaded into my local
> > inbox.
> > Mail sent through that server are stored in my local sent-mail folder,
> > deleted messages are in my local trash, etc.  RSS feeds have folders
> > in
> > my local tree.
> I want to be sure what you are doing. I also have a POP account on a
> server. By sync I assume you mean hitting the "Send&Receive" button.

Right.

> When I do that mail is distributed into my Inbox and to the other
> folders I have created and made the destination of filter commands. So
> in addition to the Inbox, I have a  networkmanager, nhl , etc folders.
> Each results in a file called Inbox.ibex.index, nhl.ibex.index, etc
> as well as  Inbox.ibex.index.data, etc files.

I don't filter much on that account, but yes, I'd expect whatever is
normal there.  In fact, on another machine, I see what you see.

> This seems to be the same thing you are doing so why are your results
> different?

I suppose the difference is due to the disk crash, but why things came
out as they did is certainly not clear to me.  If evo tries to clean up
folders when it starts or stops based on what's in the database and the
database is corrupted, that would explain things somewhat, I guess.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Mathematical Sciences