Last flash plugin update has SELinux problems

Steve Blackwell zephod at cfl.rr.com
Mon Oct 10 02:01:24 UTC 2011

I'm still using F12 but and of course that are no more Fedora updates
but the Adobe repo still does updates. So I updated:

From my /var/log/yum.log
Oct 04 19:17:50 Updated: flash-plugin-11.0.1.152-release.i386

and then flash no longer worked. I found that I get these SELinux
security alerts:

SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/epiphany from loading
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so which requires text relocation.

I followed the suggested workaround:

chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so'

which "fixed" the problem. Now I'm guessing that no one is going to
spend time fixing a problem for an old release but the SE security
alert suggests it is a problem with the plugin and not with SELinux or
F12.

Is anybody with a later release having the same issue?
If so how should this be reported to Adobe. I didn't see a way to do
this on their site.

Steve

--
Changing lives one card at a time