Unlock SIM pin with NetworkManager

Daniele Guerrieri d.guerrieri at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:03:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

i'm searching for a method to force unlock of sim card pin in a huawei usb
hsdpa device (ZTE K3565-Z HSDPA).

The problem is this: the first time i insert it, i'm asked for the PIN with
a popup dialog and so the sim gets unlocked and i can connect to it with
wammu.

BUT if I suspend,hibernate or simply remove and re insert the usb huawei,
sim remains locked and i'm no more prompted to insert the pin; I've tried to
stop NetworkManager, kill modem-manager and restart both but it didn't.
work. The only way is a complete reboot.

Does anyone know a method to force sim card unlock?

Thanks,

Daniele