F15 preupgrade: lots of uneraseable dupes

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:26:21 UTC 2011

On 10/10/11, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Very interesting (to me).
> Had similar problem after I upgraded F14 to F16.
> The database got corrupted and rebuilddb would
> fail. Gave up and restored back to F14 from backup.

To be clear, in my situation the database did not fail.  By
duplicates, I meant that I had all the usual (and correct) F15
packages, but also a bunch of the same packages as F14 packages.
Thus the duplication was having the same package in F15 and F14.

The reason this caused a problem, not that there was anything good or
acceptable about it, was dependencies.   Most of the F14 were
dependent on some non existent (in F15) package and thus failed dep
check during any yum proceedure