/home double-mounted in F15

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Mon Oct 10 17:51:45 UTC 2011

This may have been discussed in some other thread, but my F15 box seems
to mount /home twice.  It's listed but once in /etc/fstab, but none the
less, two identical mounts show up:

[rick at golem4 ~]# mount | grep home
/dev/mapper/vg_golem4-lv_home on /home type ext4
(rw,relatime,seclabel,user_xattr,barrier=1,stripe=1,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/vg_golem4-lv_home on /home type ext4
(rw,relatime,seclabel,user_xattr,barrier=1,stripe=1,data=ordered)

Consequently things like baobab report double the disk space (e.g.
1.4TB used on a system that only has a 750G drive).  Everything works
fine.  I've not tried to unmount the second mount (in fact I can't
because I'm logged in and /home/rick is my home directory), but it's
disconcerting.

Ideas?