XFCE does not mount an audio CD

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Mon Oct 10 20:49:12 UTC 2011

On 10/10/2011 01:10 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> When I am in XFCE audio CDs do not mount and play. On the same machine
> the audio CDs play in Gnome 3.
>
> What could be wrong in XFCE and how can it be fixed?
>
> All this is in F15.

	Applications Menu-->
		Preferences-->
			Removable Drives and Media-->
				Multimedia tab

Set up your preferences there.  Also make sure you have installed the
gnome-media-apps RPM and:

	Applications Menu-->
		Preferences-->
			Multimedia Systems Selector

and make sure the various things are set up in there correctly.