Atheros AR9285 wireless & F15

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 21:14:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Pedro Francisco
<pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you reported your behaviour in a bug report? I've found it on Fedora 16
> as well (different hardware: iwl3945 & hp_wmi) so I'd point to your bug just
> to put it in context.

In both of your cases this looks to be a bug in wmi. I'm not exactly
sure what that stands for but it appears that they are supposed to
help make all the little fancy buttons on laptops work but in your
case cause more problems than they fix. I wonder what logic it uses to
know which driver to load? It's odd that in Pedro's case it loaded the
acer_wmi even though his is a sony...

On my older HP/Compaq 8510w I'm using hp_wmi without issue.

Richard