Results of the voting for the Fedora 17 release name

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 11 05:39:15 UTC 2011

On 10/10/2011 09:12 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 13:44:53 +1000,
>    Rohan Ferris<rohan at rferris.org>  wrote:
>> I gave 0 for Beefy Miracle also. Is this a joke?
> Sort of. "Beefy Miracle" has been an inside joke going back at least
> several releases now. A number of people who like it decided to try
> to get a release named after it. They just succeeded. I would have preferred
> that they actually tried to get a legitimate connection from a previous
> name to "Beefy Miracle", but they took a cheap short cut there that I
> think takes away from the naming process.
>
> In the end it isn't really a big deal and might end up getting extra
> publicity for Fedora.
So, "a number of people" want to develop our next beefy miracle?

Will you folks f-ing grow up !?!

Unless you are happy with everyone telling the "these number of people"
where to put their beefy miracle --- fill in the cliche yourself (does
it still sound "cute" in this context and an inside joke you wish to
exhibit to the world?)