Results of the voting for the Fedora 17 release name

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Oct 11 11:25:19 UTC 2011

> If it bugs you that much, consider taking part in the voting next time.;)
> That might also make it more difficult for small groups to push their
> names.

It really doesn't bug me very much at all.  I have no idea what the
names of F10, F11, F12, etc. are...and I get the feeling most people
don't know and don't really care.

One would just hope that the name somehow embodies the spirit of Fedora
and the Linux movement.  I don't see where this name does.  Guess I'm
not "hip" or part of the "in" crowd.

   I've been using Red Hat products since the Red Hat 7 days...before
their was a Fedora or Fedora Core.  I don't recall any "Beefy Miracle".

I frankly (no pun intended) don't think "Beefy Miracle" is a name to be
proud of.

But, like you said, voting on a name isn't of interest to many people.
Seems like more of a popularity contest like DWTS.  The best name/dancer
doesn't always win only because one side puts on a better campaign and
manages to get their friends to vote.

As I said, Frankly (pun intended) the name isn't a wiener with me.

I really should have left it at the "cholesterol" joke except that I had
a thought of what others may think.

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow