Results of the voting for the Fedora 17 release name

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 11 21:35:42 UTC 2011

On 10/11/2011 12:34 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Other than a legal check for conflicts with trademarks etc,  that is
> correct.  Any name can get through if someone proposes and enough people
> vote for it.  Anyone with a Fedora account can vote and getting a
> account takes only a few minutes.   You can't always get the name of
> your choice but if you like a particular name or don't, you have the
> ability to influence the result.  Use it.
>
> Rahul

John and your emails certainly make it clear that this was handled
within the bounds of democracy within Fedora and with Board/legal
getting a look.

At this point, all I want to say is if the folks putting out F17 want
that codename and they are prepared to make F17 good enough to justify
their choice, all power to them and I look forward to seeing how it
plays out.

Cheers