Java crashes in Mozilla Firefox

Per Anton Rønning pa-ronn at online.no
Wed Oct 12 13:09:43 UTC 2011

Ian Malone wrote:

> Just the repository name, in this case I think:
> yum --disablerepo=atrpms install java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin

Thnx Ian,
You're right. But sorry, it does not work after all.

[root at localhost java]# yum --disablerepo=atrpms install
java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin
Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit
adobe
   |  951 B     00:00
primary.xml.gz
   |  12 kB     00:00
adobe                                                          18/18
planetcore
   | 1.9 kB     00:00
fedora
   | 2.4 kB     00:00
kde-redhat-all
   | 1.9 kB     00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2
   |  81 kB     00:00
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/9/i386/stable/mirrors
error was
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
http://mirror.unl.edu/kde-redhat/fedora/9/i386/stable/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/kde-redhat/fedora/9/i386/stable/repodata/repomd.xml:
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/9/i386/stable/repodata/repomd.xml:
http://kde-redhat.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/9/i386/stable/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
ftp://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/9/i386/stable/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
kde-redhat. Please verify its path and try again

> Finally if you still can't get yum working (but you really should be
> able to) then you can download the java-1.6.0-openjdk and
> java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin RPMS from
> http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i386.newkey/os/Packages/

Okey, I found it and it was installed without error messages. Now I am
searching for the plugin, I am not sure where it is installed, so I am
running my homespun directory search engine.
Thank you!

Regards
PA