Java crashes in Mozilla Firefox

Per Anton Rønning pa-ronn at online.no
Wed Oct 12 18:33:11 UTC 2011

Ian Malone wrote:
> On 12 October 2011 14:09, Per Anton Rønning <pa-ronn at online.no> wrote:
>
>> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
>> kde-redhat. Please verify its path and try again
>>

> Looks like there might be a few other respositories you need to
> disable if you find yourself wanting to install anything else via yum.
>
>>> Finally if you still can't get yum working (but you really should be
>>> able to) then you can download the java-1.6.0-openjdk and
>>> java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin RPMS from
>>> http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i386.newkey/os/Packages/
>> Okey, I found it and it was installed without error messages. Now I am
>> searching for the plugin, I am not sure where it is installed, so I am
>> running my homespun directory search engine.
>
> This should list the files installed by the package:
> rpm -ql java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin

Ouch!
[root at localhost lib]# rpm -ql java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin
package java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin is not installed

Sorry, The install went without reporting any messages, but it seems
that I have missed somethig. I'll try again.
Apart from that, my directory search engine reponds with a whole army of
hits to the key=openjdk.

Regards
PA