"Slow wireless"...

Linda McLeod lindavaldeen at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 12 21:32:58 UTC 2011

I read that "messy wires cause slowness"..

If power-wires cross data-wires, it can make for a nasty reception
slow-down..

'Suggest you separate your power wires from your data wires as far apart
as you can, then test the speeds...

"Off the top", I wonders if the wall socket is wired properly..?  Some
handy folks, who replace and rewire AC outlets, sometimes get the prong
wires crossed, which makes a huge pile of electronics problems and cause
occasional failures.. but probably not in your case.. but for those who
want to know if the wall sockets are wired properly, there's a cheap
polarity tester, on the market, that you just plug into the wall socket,
and the little lights tell you immediately if it's wired right...
Crossed wiring can be dangerous with power tools, and especially when
coupled devices grounds are hot, or "warm"... Usually the first strong
indicator of poor wiring, leading to mismatched grounds, is hum in
audio, and "ghost-bars" in video...

                          or over the web