Unlock SIM pin with NetworkManager

Hiisi hiisi at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 12 21:37:42 UTC 2011

On 10 October 2011 12:03, Daniele Guerrieri <d.guerrieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm searching for a method to force unlock of sim card pin in a huawei usb
> hsdpa device (ZTE K3565-Z HSDPA).
>
> The problem is this: the first time i insert it, i'm asked for the PIN with
> a popup dialog and so the sim gets unlocked and i can connect to it with
> wammu.
>
> BUT if I suspend,hibernate or simply remove and re insert the usb huawei,
> sim remains locked and i'm no more prompted to insert the pin; I've tried to
> stop NetworkManager, kill modem-manager and restart both but it didn't.
> work. The only way is a complete reboot.
>
> Does anyone know a method to force sim card unlock?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniele

Sorry, I don't know how to force NetworkManager to do whatever you
want it to do (I don't use it at all). But I suggest you to completely
disable pin code request. You can use minicom for that purpose or
simply send needed command directly to device. For example:
$ echo -e «AT+CPIN=0000\r\n» > /dev/ttyUSB0
The above command will send pin code '0000' to the modem connected to
/dev/ttyUSB0.
Google is your friend here. Something you may consider to do:
http://coderstalk.blogspot.com/2008/04/howto-disable-sim-card-pin-on-wavecom.html
HTH
--
Hiisi.