Dennis Ritchie

Errol Mangwiro pmangwiro at live.com
Thu Oct 13 15:06:20 UTC 2011

+1
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter A <loony at loonybin.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:54:06
To: <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject: Re: Dennis Ritchie

On Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:50:40 AM Digimer wrote:
> On 10/13/2011 10:41 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > On 10/13/2011 07:44 PM, Leonardo wrote:
> >> where do we vote for this name for the next release?
> >
> > Fedora 17 name has already been voted upon. Fedora 18 codename
> > suggestions will be requested when Fedora 17 is about to be released
> >
> > Rahul
>
> Woops, I meant F18.
And in my opinion, Dennis' death is reason enough to change the F17 name even
though it has already been voted upon... After all that is what paying your
final respect is - changing your plans to acknowledge the passing of someone
great. When you have a minute of silence, you don't just go out and say "mourn
for a minute whenever don't have anything better to do" but you set a time and
no matter what is going on, expect people to show their respects...

Peter.

--
http://www.meaninglessrelict.com/