Results of the voting for the Fedora 17 release name

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 13 22:35:46 UTC 2011

<snip>
The Fedora 16 release name is: Beefy Miracle
</snip>

Curious.
To me Fedora is neither beefy  nor a miracle.
Fedora renditions - here today gone tomorrow, life span of a moth
dancing round a flame, a year passes and we update or suffer. At least
that, to me, is the perceived threat.

What is beefy about that? Beefy to me means tasty, of substance,
fulfilling, delicious. Not, as the image implies,  full of fat, gristle
and bone flavoured with condiment and stuffed in an over aerated bread roll.

None of these are Fedora why? because Fedora is "Bleeding Edge" full of
bugs and problems for the unwary and just when one has it working a
treat, it's gone, like a will-o-wisp.

Miracle, I'd say not. Just a much better operating system which takes
into account the lightening fast changes in technology. Fedora is out
there on the edge, leading the way, it is the light at the end of the
tunnel, the shining beacon to a better way.

  Personally I would have preferred names that signify leadership,
quality, rapid development and resolution.

Having said that though, a beefy miracle in a roll is out of the
digestive system in 24 hours as waste matter, flushed away without a
thought. Is this an image for Fedora?
FWIW
Roger