Fedora 14 / Skype / Headset

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 14 05:20:31 UTC 2011

Frank Elsner:
>> But when I plug in a Logitech headset (earphone plug and microphone plug)
>> only the earphones work. The microphone will (incontrast to webcam/microphone)
>> not be detected and therefore not show up as an input device under sound preferences.

Mike Chambers:
> Maybe check sound configuration and maybe mic is muted or needs to be
> turned up/on or something?

Even a muted microphone would still appear as a choosable device under
their preferences.

I'd be looking at the output from dmesg before and after plugging in the
headset, to see what the system notices being plugged in.  Probably,
some unknown hardware will be detected, showing just a product code
number, rather than the name of something that it knows how to deal
with.  Post that, here.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686