Remote access

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:12:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:02:43 +0100
Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> Have you ever crossed the street when the red light was on for pedestrians, in
> a situation when there were no vehicles in the street? Was that legitimate?
> Was it legal? Was the rule enforceable? Was breaking the rule possible? One
> should make sharp distinction between each of those questions.

Actually, crossing at an intersection with the light is nuts. There are
cars coming at you from too many different directions. What you always
want to do to survive as a pedestrian is to jaywalk in the middle of the
block where cars are only trying to kill you in one direction at a time.
The heck with legality, survival is the rule here!

Now if I could only figure out how to make this analogy extend to
firewalls :-).