Remote access

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:16:39 UTC 2011

On Friday 14 October 2011 12:33:25 Reindl Harald wrote:
> peopole like you are a real nightmare because you are enforcing
> other ones

I am not enforcing anyone to do anything, just offering advice.

> to break policies which you and we do not understand
> from outside and there is only one person who really must undertsnad
> them - the admin

I disagree. If there is no way to enforce a security rule, every user must be
*trained* to understand it and know *why* he should uphold it.

If you have ever been a parent, you certainly know that just saying "that is
forbidden to touch" doesn't work. Rather, a real explanation *why* a child
should not touch something is the only way to have the child comply with the
rules.

If you just restrict people by rules, it *is* legitimate for them to break the
rules. If instead you teach people why they should uphold the rules, it *is*
*not* legitimate for them to break those rules. Legitimacy comes from
understanding, legality comes from obedience.

The OP is the only one who can judge what is legal and what is legitimate in
his own case.

Best, :-)
Marko