Remote access

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:02:25 UTC 2011

On 14 October 2011 13:16, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 14 October 2011 12:33:25 Reindl Harald wrote:
>> peopole like you are a real nightmare because you are enforcing
>> other ones
>
> I am not enforcing anyone to do anything, just offering advice.

I think the word is encouraging.

> If you just restrict people by rules, it *is* legitimate for them to break the
> rules. If instead you teach people why they should uphold the rules, it *is*
> *not* legitimate for them to break those rules. Legitimacy comes from
> understanding, legality comes from obedience.

Not sure what definition of "legitimate" you are using here.

> The OP is the only one who can judge what is legal and what is legitimate in his own case.

And what might get him fired (irrespective of legality). Of course you
might be completely right, the administrator might say, "I'm not going
to set up a VPN but if you can come up with a solution then go ahead."

--
imalone