Disable yum update check for PackageKit

Ardhan Madras ajhwb at knac.com
Fri Oct 14 15:32:50 UTC 2011

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately the package is not installed. To be more clear here the
process of PackageKit.

[root at sandybridge Downloads]# ps ax | grep yum
 7185 ?        SN     0:04 /usr/bin/python /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yum

Any pointer how to disable this automatic background process?

For this time I create a bash script to regularly call ps, and the kill -9 it. :(